Thursday, August 7, 2008

California dreamin'




Not planning a Cali vaca, although I wish I were. Instead sharing a recipe for this delicious, summery salad.

Thanks to my SIL, Lori for the recipe. Its a fav at our house!

California Salad

Mixed greens
Chopped celery
Fresh raspberries and blueberries (I didn't use blueberries this time, but usually do both)
Carmelized pecans or almonds

Dressing
Canola oil
Celery seed
Dry mustard
Honey
Garlic
Pinch of salt

I don't measure when I cook, so just go by what it looks like and how it tastes. The dressing is pretty simple and quite tasty.

To carmelize the pecans (or almonds), add brown sugar to a skillet with nuts on medium-high. Stir until they are carmelized. They are easy to burn, so watch them.

Put all ingredients together and serve.

No comments: