Wednesday, October 22, 2008

La Quercia



Cured pork. Yum. And especially tasty when you know it's raised humanely. About a year ago, I read an article about La Quercia in Saveur magazine. I took a mental note, and promised myself I'd order some of their charcuterie.

I read an article in Niche Pork recently that my friend Julie sent, and there was an article about La Quercia. Lucky for me, I'd just received some birthday cash, and decided to put it to good use and buy cured pork. I ordered the Salumi Sampler and 2 packages of Pancetta. I called to place my order, and happened to talk with the owner. She was a delight (I just love Iowans in the pork industry - you will never meet more salt of the earth people). My order came in one day!







In the past couple of weeks, I've made Mark Bittman's Chicken with Pancetta and Balsamic Vinegar, pancetta pizza, served prosciutto sliced as an appetizer with cheeses and day dreamed of what else I will do with my beautifully cured pork. La Quercia's wonderfully done charcuterie comes highly recommended from this charcuterie eater.

No comments: